Many thanks to Shannon from Book Dreaming for my Sugar fix today!
Your words are sweeter than candy, smoother than chocolate!
She called me “insightful, encouraging, funny, and unpredictable.”
I am all aglow with good feelings. (Quote of the Day)
Now, I have to reveal more secrets about myself. That’s how this award works. I need to write 10 things that no one knows about me. I don’t think that’s possible, so I’m already revising the rules in my mind to 10 things that most people don’t know about me, and almost all blogger friends don’t know about me. I mean, really, I have two sisters. They know everything, even when you’re not in the same state anymore. Plus, I go to the beauty shop and your stylest knows more about you than your ob/gyn. You know she does!
1. I am terrified of all amusement park rides. (My boys will verify.)
2. I try, but am not at all strict about bedtime. (Again, ask the boys.)
3. My first kiss was in a sauna by the lake. I was almost 12.
4. I like Valentine’s Day even though I am now single. (I have four sweethearts for sons. Plus, it’s my little sister’s birthday.)
5. On good days, I think of myself as a unique flower in the weed patch of life.
6. On bad days, I am a dormant seed stuck in the mud.
7. I can come up with a song for nearly every phrase, conversation topic, mood, or event. (Some people have a photographic memory, mine is lyrical.)
8. I can solve the Rubic’s Cube. (My boys know this, too, and mess it up to distract me because they know I HAVE to fix it.)
9. I am looking forward to the time when my boys start dating. It will be nice to have a girl to talk to once in a while. The cat doesn’t count.
10. In a future blog, I will describe how my alter ego is Catwoman.
11. I thought this would be really hard, but I have a bonus one: To me, dating after divorce when you’re over 40 is like being pushed out of an airplane into a foreign country. (I haven’t really landed yet, still free-falling – Isn’t that a song?) I’ll blog on that soon, too.
12. (I’m on a roll. Why would I stop at 10 or 11?) Every one of those followers to the right are fabulous writers. Each one is unique and amazing. Knowing them, reading their words, is the icing on the cake of life.
Alright, fine, I’ll pick a few, but don’t you feel bad if you’re not chosen today. I love you. You’re the best. I’m tired, and I can’t pick everyone. I’m going with surprises I found on the blogging circuit so far.
Texas Playwright Chick – How could I resist? She gives me energy with every word.
JeMA – My artist friend that lives right here in the Brainerd lakes area near me. I helped name her.
Singer-Scribe – We’re mixed from the same ingredients. Although, she’s much more theological than I am, and she teaches music in the schools.
Journaling Woman – She’s funny AND she journals, and she’s quite crafty.
Whole Latte Life – I knew I’d enjoy this blog with my morning mug of joe.
The Block – You will be amazed at the experiences this woman has lived through and so vividly describes.
The Character Therapist – I could spend days here.
My journaling prompt is to encourage you to make your lists of little known facts about yourself. It’s kind of fun. I might have even learned more about me today.
Subscribe To Mary's Newsletter
Join Mary's mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Play Off the Page.
Catwoman, eh? do tell…
Yay! Once again, Mary, we have much in common. I am definitely #1 and #2. Instead of songs, I can pair nearly every situation with a poem. Thanks for sharing! I’m thrilled to be the first comment. 🙂
Congrats to you on winning the Award, much deserved here! And thanks so much for passing it my way … I’ll post a few little-known things about myself right here 🙂
1. One of my favorite magazines is Better Homes & Gardens. I love looking at interior design pictures for the home.
2. I am a huge fan of To-Do Lists. Must have them!
3. My daughters and I’ve been gardening together for 20 years. We grow the BEST tomatoes, and I’d be willing to challenge anyone on that 😉
4. I’m a big classic rock music fan, and particularly enjoy going to concerts!
Thanks Mary, this was lots of fun, and congrats to the other winners too!
Mary, you can solve the cube? I am so envious, and I did not know that about you! 🙂
Rox, that must be the ONLY thing left?! I’ll bring my cube to prove it, and if you have one, I can do it. Unless it’s been tampered with. Some people pull out the blocks to force a solution, making it impossible to truly solve. Hmmm…could be another blog post. The ideas never end.
Congrats on the award! I followed you from Shannon’s site!
I love your list of things and am in awe of your Rubic’s cube abilities!
So do you live in MN? I have family from there and we often travel to Cragun’s resort for our family reunions! Do you have any idea what I’m talking about?
Have a great day!
Ooh! A kindred spirit. I have one of those lyrical memories too. 😀
Congrats on the award!
Kristi, Craguns is up the road from me.
Nisa, it’s a musical memory.
Congrats! I come up with songs for everything too!! (Much to my children’s dismay)
I came over from Shannon’s blog.
Thanks for reading my words, Catherine. It’s great “getting to know you, getting to know all about you.” Name the musical.
Congrats on the award, Mary! I loved getting to learn more about you. I love how some days you feel like a flower amidst weeds, and on others a seed stuck in the muddy ground! What a fabulous description that I think can apply to most of us!!
Thank you, Jody. You honor me with your reading and response – you with your many followers and new success. Thanks for sharing your journey!
Congratulations, my friend! Thanks for including me on your list of blogs. I find your great talent, strength, courage flow out through your words. Look at where you started and where you now stand. You are a bold, courageous woman who plunges toilets, repairs vans, and raises 4 boys. So proud of ya!
Oh my goodness, Mary, thank you for choosing me! I’m honored. 🙂 I love your list, BTW, we have SO much in common! (Besides the obvious, I mean). My little sister’s birthday is ALSO on Valentine’s Day!
I will copy this list and respond soon. Thank you again SO much for naming me. I really appreciate your kind thoughts and your wonderful writing!
When I was first divorced and dating, I met a woman who had been divorced for 18 years and I was aghast !!!!!! But I never remarried and have found that happy alone is better than unhappy together
http://www.FunnyPhotosContest.com. Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote. $2,000 in prizes. No entry fee.
wow…thanks for the award! i really appreciate it and the kind words. 🙂
The Character Therapist